Well, this is long overdue but I finally cleaned up my notes from WordCamp.
Adding custom content types: I’ve always been on the lookout for a Drupal-like “views” module for WordPress. These tools come close:
- Loop buddy
- Views and types
- Pods Framework: I used this one long ago but it’s evolved alot and looks like a great option
Other fun things I learned about
- SASS for CSS
- REM not em for best responsive CSS
- S2member for member and paid level management
- Hellobar: a simple idea: use the top 30 pixels of yoru site for eye-catching messages. Hellobar includes A/B testing and it’s own analytics so it might be worth paying for on a ongoing basis. Other similar solution like Foobar are just a plugin with no extra fees. (let me know if you have a free version you use)
- SlideDeck: Slider & Gallery Plugin that gives a powerful UI and lots of sources and skins for building sliders
- Flare social sharing bar
- HappyTables: free restaurant website-building tool – developed around a customized version of WordPress
Chatting with Matt about new WordPress usage stats.
Notes from 2011