I wanted to share my research about inexpensive sign cutting software for plotter for the Mac since it was not easy to find online. I’ve had a few plotters over the years (including USCutter and Summagraphics) and the software was always painful to use – never as sophisticated as Illustrator. Recently I was looking to update my software and came across these options – I really wanted a simple – even free – “driver” to just export my file from Illustrator but could not find one.
- Intel Macintosh OSX (10.6 – 10.11)
- $59.99 (one time fee – not a subscription)
- Pro version available also
- iPad version (gets bad reviews however)
- Interface is not great but much better than most sign making software I have seen. Why can’t these companies just copy Adobe and come up with something clean?
- Includes so you can have a useful level of control over your output
- Takes exports via Illustrator plug which is great but does a strange rename on the open illustrator file
- Bad UI
- Expensive – subscriptions start at $8/week
- $149 for 2 years
- Have to keep subscribing so not a good value over time – especially if you don’t use it much
MacSign by softeamweb
- V10 Lite, Win and Mac
- Well, the website is funky and it wont even tell you the price without registering
- MACSIGN LITE 490,00€
- MACSIGN FULL 990,00€
Let me know what you find for:
- cheap sign cutting plotter software
- plotter illustrator plugins mac
- SignBlazer experiences?
- cheap signcut software
- alternative to signcut software