AND OTHER PROJECTS
Joined Bay Area Photographers Collective
Currently serve on Advisory Board of The LAB
Elected President, Board of Directors, The LAB
Judge, WritersCorp youth poetry slam
Joined the Board of Directors of The LAB,
a small non-profit interdisciplinary art organisation
International Symposium on Electronic
Art, video installation and presentation entitled
"Electric Prayer Wheel: a Meditation on Genocide"
Public Lecture and Panel
Discussion, "The Artist's Web" (ArtSpan/Yerba Buena Center for the Arts)
Graphic Design Consultant
- Traveled to India to build an Intranet for
His Holiness The Dalai Lama and the Tibetan Government In Exile.
- Our team wired the seven Ministries of the Central Tibetan Administration, and the Library of Tibetan Works and Archives, to give them direct, high-speed connections between offices and to the Web server
- Our team met with the Dalai Lama, who asked us questions about computers and answered my questions about the recent controversy around offical statements regarding gay rights in the traditional Tibetan buddhist context.
- German Article via Spiegel Online.
- PDF article by C. Jung (SJ Mercury News 1997)
- Also see images.
Public lecture: "Designing for the Web" (DTP Conference,
Hyatt Regency, SF)
Public lecture: "Interactive
Video: Auto-Editing and Midi-Controlled Quicktime" (MacSummit, UCSB,
with David Rauch)
Interface design consultant:
CommTouch Inc. and the Bay
Area Discovery Museum
conducted software usability testing of new email client designed for
Taught courses: "ABC's of the Internet" and "Web Site Development
(HTML II)" at MentorNet
Housing Partnership/"Belonging", taught web design skills and worked
on an art installation in conjunction with a social service agency that
houses and educates homeless in San Francisco
First public web project: New Langton Arts,
one local site used only in the gallery and a second version documenting
that show (http://www.exploratorium.edu/nagasaki/Library/Library.html)
BA with Honors in the Major from University
of California, Santa Cruz
Majored in Art History/Visual Culture with focus on contemporary theory
Assistant to visiting lecturer Art